Writing Short Stories
Devised by Margaret Wilkinson, this Mslexia Mini guide looks at each element of writing a short story, explaining how to structure and pace your stories, how to bring your characters to life, and how to make a real impact in just a few pages. Whether you’re new to the short story form, or a seasoned aficionada looking for fresh inspiration, our Mslexia Mini guide to Writing Short Stories is designed to deliver the information you need.
Margaret Wilkinson has been writing and teaching short stories at postgraduate level for over two decades, and the guide also includes a range of tried-and-tested exercises to help you strengthen an already written story, as well as an extensive reading list, and advice on where to send your work for publication when it’s finished.
The magazine for women who write
We firmly believe that you shouldn’t leave your writing career to chance, and there’s no faster way to level up your craft than with a subscription to our quarterly magazine.
- Your passport to a supportive, dynamic tribe of creative women writers.
- Opportunity to submit your work and get published to kick start your career.
- Professional advice from literary agents and editors a click away.
- Spark creativity and silence the practical and psychological obstacles.
- Over 50 writing competitions in each issue.
- Over 60 magazines and publishers on the lookout for fresh voices.
- Access to e-newsletter, Little Ms.