From time to time Mslexia Publications Ltd may update this policy page. Users should check this page periodically to ensure they are satisfied with any changes.
This policy is effective from 01/01/16.
Mslexia may collect the following information:
- name, organisation and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Mslexia requires this information to understand users needs and provide users with a better service, for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- to send promotional emails about new products
- to send special offers, or other information which may of interest
- for market research purposes.
- to customise the website according to users’ interests
Mslexia is committed to ensuring that personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Mslexia has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on a user’s computer hard drives. Once users agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets users know when they visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to users as individuals. The web application can tailor its operations to users’ needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about their preferences.
Mslexia uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Mslexia only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes, then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help Mslexia provide users with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages users find useful or not. A cookie in no way gives us access to a user’s computer or any information about users, other than the data users choose to share with us.
Users can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but users can modify their browser setting to decline cookies if they prefer. This may however prevent users from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable users to easily visit other websites of interest. Mslexia does not have any control over linked websites, therefore Mslexia cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information users provide whilst visiting linked sites. This privacy statement does not govern linked sites; users should exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling users’ personal information
Users may choose to restrict the collection or use of their personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box to click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to Mslexia using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by informing us in writing or by email, or by choosing the unsubscribe option from any email sent
Mslexia will not sell, distribute or lease users’ personal information to third parties unless we have users’ permission or are required to do so by law. With permission, Mslexia may use personal information to send promotional information from relevant/related third parties.
Users may request details of personal information that Mslexia holds about themselves under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held, please write to:
Mslexia Publications, PO Box 656, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE99 1PZ. Email: email@example.com.
If users believe any information Mslexia is holding about them is incorrect or incomplete, they should write/email Mslexia as soon as possible, at the above address. Mslexia will change any incorrect information.