WELCOME TO MSLEXIA
Spring is sprung! Bring on the daffodils, the lambs… and Issue 85 of Mslexia! Water your blooming ideas with our inspiration-packed pages, including:
- Looking back – Does working on a memoir always have to be painful? Caroline Sanderson discusses the difficult art of self-reflection and analysing the past
- Competition results – Acclaimed writer and judge of the Mslexia Short Story Competition Irenosen Okojie explains how she came to choose the masterful winners
- Craft – Margaret Wilkinson offers her hot tips to get readers extemporising on subject of ‘wildlife’ and all things animal related
- Interview – Mslexia Editor Debbie Taylor speaks to poet Kate Clanchy about her latest book Some Kids I Taught and What They Taught Me
- Analysis – What should you do with your research? Jenny Alexander encourages the writerly practice of upcycling and recycling ideas
If you haven’t told us you want updates, we won’t send them to you. If you don’t want to miss out on information about competitions, deadlines and news, click here to sign up.
Plus we have interviews and insights from talent such as: Katie Piper, Sara Holland, Sophie Hannah, Jo Lloyd and Liz Hyder.
And as always, the magazine is packed with advice; original writing from our readers; our directory of competitions, lit mags and events; and more…
Don’t forget: keep an eye out for Little Ms – the monthly Mslexia newsletter packed with news, reading recommendations and industry opportunities.
Want to see yourself in the pages? Check out ‘submissions’ for information on all the usual (free to submit to!) slots – we want your flash fiction, poetry, pitches and so much more.
In this issue
- Look back in anguish: the pain of writing memoir
- Recycling your writing
- Romance publishers
- Running an event
- Historical lady sleuths
- Irenosen Okojie
- Kate Clanchy
- Sophie Hannah
- Jo Lloyd
- Katie Piper