WELCOME TO MSLEXIA
Welcome to Issue 86 of Mslexia, the first magazine we’ve produced remotely. Step away from the monotony of lockdown and reinvigorate your writing with our summer issue, featuring:
- A brighter shade of green: Kate Simpson explores the past, present and future of publishing and its lasting effects on the environment.
- Competitions: The talented winner of our 2019 Novel Competition is announced and we launch this year’s bumper Mslexia Fiction Competition with four categories: flash fiction, short story, children’s and YA novel, and memoir.
- Other Worlds: Bestselling Hugo nominated author S L Huang introduces our winning submissions on the theme of ‘Other Worlds’.
- Interview: Award-winning video game scriptwriter Rhianna Pratchett talks about transitioning from reviewing games to writing them.
- Inspiration: Jacqueline Bain shares how she connects with nature and how others with mobility problems can find their own stimulus.
- Spotlight: Journalist Danuta Kean talks inspiration, anti-heroines and the #MeToo movement with former Mslexia team member Eliza Clark, whose debut novel hits shelves this summer.
- And as always, the magazine is packed with advice, more original writing from our readers, our directory of competitions, lit mags, events, and more!
If you haven’t told us you want updates, we won’t send them to you. If you don’t want to miss out on information about competitions, deadlines and news, click here to sign up.
Plus we have interviews and insights from Alison Irvine, Sinéad Gleeson, Jane Corry and Caroline Hardman.
And as always, the magazine is packed with advice; original writing from our readers; our directory of competitions, lit mags and events; and more…
Don’t forget: keep an eye out for Little Ms – the monthly Mslexia newsletter packed with news, reading recommendations and industry opportunities.
Want to see yourself in the pages? Check out ‘submissions’ for information on all the usual (free to submit to!) slots – we want your flash fiction, poetry, pitches and so much more.
In this issue
- Other worlds: adventures in alternate realities
- Green writing and publishing
- Creativity in lockdown
- Writing groups
- Multiple viewpoints
- Natalie Haynes
- S L Huang
- Rhianna Pratchett
- Bridget Minamore
- Lennie Goodings