WELCOME TO MSLEXIA
As the old year ends and the new year begins, what better than to settle in with Issue 84 of Mslexia. Tune out the cold nights with writing on the hottest topics, including:
- Editor Debbie Taylor’s deep dive into the Own Voices movement and what it means for writers
- How to psychoanalyse – and strengthen – your characters with Arabel Charlaff
- How to cope with the interminable wait for a response after you’ve submitted your work, by Huma Qureshi
- The winners of the 2019 Poetry Book Society and Mslexia Poetry Competition, as chosen by award-winning poet and performer Malika Booker
- PR for writers: Debbie Young on how to get your writing noticed
If you haven’t told us you want updates, we won’t send them to you. If you don’t want to miss out on information about competitions, deadlines and news, click here to sign up.
Want to see yourself in the pages? Check out ‘submissions’ for information on all the usual (free to submit to!) slots – we want your flash fiction, poetry, pitches and so much more.
As always, the magazine is packed with advice; original writing from our readers; our directory of competitions, lit mags and events; and more…
And keep an eye out for Little Ms – the monthly Mslexia newsletter packed with news, reading recommendations and industry opportunities.
In this issue
- Whose line is it anyway? What the Own Voices campaign means for writers
- Popular science
- Psychoanalysing your characters
- The agony of submitting
- DIY marketing and PR
- Malika Booker
- Amanda Craig
- B A Paris
- Joanna Kavenna
- Carrie Gracie