8 reasons to subscribe
1. Expert voices Our contributors’ list reads like a Who’s Who of women’s literature. Authors and creative writing lecturers, literary agents and editors – all at the very top of their professions – pass on advice and experience.
2. Submissions welcome There are over 17 ways to submit – including poetry, fiction, journalism and memoir – but our most popular slots are reserved for subscribers only. Many women have started their careers in the pages of Mslexia.
3. Amazing writing The best new voices in fiction, poetry and non-fiction appear in Mslexia. Immerse yourself in the kinds of work editors and agents are looking for – and let your own writing develop by osmosis.
4. Opportunity knocks Every issue includes 60 writing competitions with deadlines pending, and 60 magazines and publishers on the lookout for fresh voices. And we interview editors and judges to discover exactly what they’re after.
'I've just finished reading my first copy of Mslexia and felt good. I wondered why. I think it's because the magazine really wants its readers to succeed. It doesn't patronise but offers accessible opportunities' Linda Fawke
5. Banishing blocks Our research tells us that lack of time and lack of confidence are major issues for many women writers. Mslexia looks at ways of outwitting the practical and psychological gremlins that undermine your muse.
6. Monthly updates Your subscription buys a stylish collectable quarterly magazine plus our monthly email newsletter: a sprightly smorgasbord of prompts, news, trending debates and fun.
7. Food for thought Can creativity be taught? Can writing help cure mental illness? Why do women hesitate to submit their work? Issues that matter explored by people who know what they’re talking about.
8. The Mslexia Salon When you subscribe to the magazine you'll be eligible to join the Mslexia Salon, home of our online writing surgeries and Q&As, and meeting rooms where you can share your writing, wit and wisdom.