Mslexia Magazine - Issue 87
In this issue
- Politics and creativity
- Extreme pitching
- Playwriting masterclass
- What works in writing therapy
- Melissa Benn
- Isabel Galleymore
- Sita Brahmachari
- Leone Ross
- Sara Collins and Irenosen Okojie
- Jane Goodall
Melissa Benn • Isabel Galleymore • Sita Brahmachari • Leone Ross, Sara Collins and Irenosen Okojie • Jane Goodall
- Writing nest
- Bear necessities
- Submission stories
- What you’re saying
- #amwriting: Alexis Wolfe on writing while parenting a child with disabilities
- Leaning to the left: Melissa Benn on political preference and creativity
- Seven plots
- Poet Laureate
- In conversation: Leone Ross, Sara Collins and Irenosen Okojie talk about writing and racism
- Grow your own poem with Kate Clanchy
- The story of your life with Catherine Cho
- Poetry challenge, selected by Linda France
- S is for…
- Flash Challenge with Meg Pokrass
- Sita Brahmachari talks to Katy Guest
Reading for writers
- Breaking the mould with Yvonne Battle-Felton
- Books about writing
- The Knowledge: Historical fiction with Danuta Kean
- What’s new in poetry by Stephanie Sy-Quia
- Indie in the news: V. Press
- What’s new in short stories by Alice Slater
- Indie in the news: Myriad Editions
- Isabel Galleymore presents her selection of short stories and poems on the theme of ‘wildlife’
Creativity & Wellbeing
- Brain gym with Lucy Corkhill; Abiola Bello’s Achilles’ heel
- Crafting a cure with Victoria Field
- Writing prescriptions: What works best for different conditions, by Kate Thompson
- It works for me: Elly Griffiths
- Lapidoptera, interview with therapist Clare Scott
- What’s new on Twitter with Bethany Rutter
- Pitching up: Rae Ritchie on pitching every day for a month
- Proud to place with agent Nelle Andrew
- My portfolio career
- Self-publish your own non-fiction by Debbie Young
- Open for submissions
- Insight: Caledonia Novel Awards
- Insight: Grants and Awards: Authors Emergency Fund
- Three of a kind: food magazines
- Insight: Juliet Pickering’s manuscript wishlist
Off the page
- The world’s wife
- Playmaking with Margaret Wilkinson
- Creative infection: how haikus went viral, by Lucy English
- Bedtime story
- Breaking the Mould with Cecilia Knapp
- Mslexia Moths with Molly Naylor
- Events and courses
- Getting a Gig: Unlatched Podcast
- Jane Goodall’s bedtime reading
- Submitting and subscribing to Mslexia
144 pages, offset-printed and perfect bound, full color on uncoated and coated paper. Printed in the UK. Dimensions: 8.5 x 11.3 inches.
Shipping & handling (if applicable) is added at checkout. For more information please visit our Terms & Conditions.
The magazine for women who write
We firmly believe that you shouldn’t leave your writing career to chance, and there’s no faster way to level up your craft than with a subscription to our quarterly magazine.
- Your passport to a supportive, dynamic tribe of creative women writers.
- Opportunity to submit your work and get published to kick start your career.
- Professional advice from literary agents and editors a click away.
- Spark creativity and silence the practical and psychological obstacles.
- Over 50 writing competitions in each issue.
- Over 60 magazines and publishers on the lookout for fresh voices.