Mslexia Magazine - Issue 99
Full of creative inspiration, practical advice and original poetry, fiction and memoir
Finding a creative writing course that suits you, the power of poetry collectives, and how to turn an idea into a piece of writing.
In this issue
Showcase Jenna Clake introduces her selection of poems and short stories on the theme of 'poison'
Learning by doing Celia Brayfield on finding a creative writing course that suits you
A pride of poets Courtney Conrad on the value of poetry collectives
Taking a line for a walk Louise Doughty explores how to turn an idea into a piece of writing
Strength in numbers Loree Westron on teaming up with fellow authors to sell their books
PLUS: Natasha Onwuemezi interviews award-winning novelist Ayòbámi Adébáyò, Kate Mascarenhas explains how social research can help you create characters, and we reveal the winner of our 2022 Poetry Pamphlet Competition
Digital copies are available from Exact Editions, who also manage our digital subscriptions. Clicking on the button below will take you to the Mslexia section of the Exact Editions website.
The magazine for women who write
We firmly believe that you shouldn’t leave your writing career to chance, and there’s no faster way to level up your craft than with a subscription to our quarterly magazine.
- Your passport to a supportive, dynamic tribe of creative women writers.
- Opportunity to submit your work and get published to kick start your career.
- Professional advice from literary agents and editors a click away.
- Spark creativity and silence the practical and psychological obstacles.
- Over 50 writing competitions in each issue.
- Over 60 magazines and publishers on the lookout for fresh voices.