Mslexia Magazine - Issue 98
Full of creative inspiration, practical advice and original poetry, fiction and memoir
Examining the democratisation of literature, comparing writing short stories vs novels, and exploring the links between creativity and menstruation.
In this issue
Showcase Rebecca Tamás presents her favourite short fiction and poetry entries on the theme of 'ghosts'
Breaking through Katy Guest examines the democratisation of literature
Does size matter? Stephanie Boxall compares writing short stories vs novels
Go with the flow Kathryn Wheeler explores the links between creativity and menstruation
PLUS: Polly Clark interviews award-winning poet Liz Berry, Orna Ross explains how to publish your own books in different formats, E R Murray helps you choose your ideal writing retreat, and we round up Hannah Lowe's best tips for writing a poem
Digital copies are available from Exact Editions, who also manage our digital subscriptions. Clicking on the button below will take you to the Mslexia section of the Exact Editions website.
The magazine for women who write
We firmly believe that you shouldn’t leave your writing career to chance, and there’s no faster way to level up your craft than with a subscription to our quarterly magazine.
- Your passport to a supportive, dynamic tribe of creative women writers.
- Opportunity to submit your work and get published to kick start your career.
- Professional advice from literary agents and editors a click away.
- Spark creativity and silence the practical and psychological obstacles.
- Over 50 writing competitions in each issue.
- Over 60 magazines and publishers on the lookout for fresh voices.