Mslexia Magazine - Issue 67
In this issue:
- Are we being exploited? The boom in expensive non-university creative writing courses
- Breaking into the BBC
- Latest trends in ghost stories
- Patricia Ferguson
- Deryn Rees-Jones
- Rowan Coleman
Issue 67 is edited by Danuta Kean, a respected publishing industry commentator and consultant. This issue focuses in on the barriers surrounding the world of publishing, and crucially, how to hurdle them.
Essential reading includes:
- Big question: why don’t women submit their writing?
- Groupography: what a critical group can do for you
- Synopsis bootcamp: playing with structure
- Breaking into the Beeb: Elizabeth Lewis reveals how to get a radio play commissioned by the BBC
- Vanessa Ugatti on the magic formula for negotiating payment
The magazine for women who write
We firmly believe that you shouldn’t leave your writing career to chance, and there’s no faster way to level up your craft than with a subscription to our quarterly magazine.
- Your passport to a supportive, dynamic tribe of creative women writers.
- Opportunity to submit your work and get published to kick start your career.
- Professional advice from literary agents and editors a click away.
- Spark creativity and silence the practical and psychological obstacles.
- Over 50 writing competitions in each issue.
- Over 60 magazines and publishers on the lookout for fresh voices.
- Access to e-newsletter, Little Ms.