WELCOME TO MSLEXIA
Issue 87 of Mslexia premieres a new look and an exciting influx of fresh content, including a section on creativity and wellbeing and a host of stimulating submission slots. Amongst the beautifully redesigned pages you’ll find:
- Leaning to the left: Melissa Benn on political preference and creativity
- In conversation: Leone Ross, Sara Collins and Irenosen Okojie talk about writing and racism
- Showcase: Poet Isabel Galleymore introduces her selections from your submissions on the theme of ‘Wildlife’.
- Interview: Children’s writer Sita Brahmachari speaks to Katy Guest
- Writing prescriptions: Existential psychotherapist Kate Thompson on what works best for different conditions
- Pitching up: Rae Ritchie on pitching every day for a month
If you’re having trouble submitting to the competition over the weekend, don’t panic! Simply email your entry directly to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you on Monday.
If you haven’t told us you want updates, we won’t send them to you. If you don’t want to miss out on information about competitions, deadlines and news, click here to sign up.
Plus we have interviews and insights from Bethany Rutter, Elly Griffiths, Abiola Bello and Catherine Cho.
And as always, the magazine is packed with advice; original writing from our readers; our directory of competitions, lit mags and events; and more…
Don’t forget: keep an eye out for Little Ms – the monthly Mslexia newsletter packed with news, reading recommendations and industry opportunities.
Want to see yourself in the pages? Check out ‘submissions’ for information on all the usual (free to submit to!) slots – we want your flash fiction, poetry, pitches and so much more.
In this issue
- Wildlife: poetry and stories selected by Isabel Galleymore
- Creativity and political preference
- Poetry in a pandemic
- Extreme pitching
- Writing prescriptions
- Melissa Benn
- Leone Ross
- Sara Collins
- Irenosen Okojie
- Jane Goodall