In this issue
- Whose line is it anyway? What the Own Voices campaign means for writers
- Popular science
- Psychoanalysing your characters
- The agony of submitting
- DIY marketing and PR
- Malika Booker
- Amanda Craig
- B A Paris
- Joanna Kavenna
- Carrie Gracie
In Issue 84…
- Hot Topic: Is it OK to write outside your gender, race, religion or experience? Mslexia Editor Debbie Taylor examines the current arguments for and against the Own Voices movement.
- Poetry Winners: Internationally renowned poet Malika Booker introduces the winners of this year’s PBS and Mslexia Poetry Competition.
- Writing Exercises: novelist and travel writer Joanna Kavenna divulges which writing and planning techniques work for her.
- Interview: novelist Amanda Craig talks to journalist and author Katy Guest about her career to date, and the perils of a bad review.
- Analysis: How well do you know your main character? Psychotherapist Arabel Charlaff takes a deep-dive into how to psychoanalyse your characters.
And as always, the magazine is packed with expert advice; original writing from our readers; our directory of competitions, lit mags, and events; and much more…
Subscriptions to Mslexia clock in at just £2 per month – less than a posh latte. To find out more, pop over HERE.